- About Ag Day
- Plan an event
- Promote Ag Day
- For Educators/Students
2014 National Ag Day Art Contest Rules & Guidelines
Official Topic: “Agriculture: 365 Sunrises and 7 Billion Mouths to Feed”
Section I - General Information
The National Ag Day Poster Art contest is designed to showcase the talents of young artist who share a passion for modern agriculture. A winning original piece of art will be chosen as the Official National Ag Day poster. The contest is open to all amateur artists enrolled in high school or college.
Entries will be screened by a nine member jury. Finalists will then be judged through online voting to determine one winner.
Contest theme: Agriculture: 365 Sunrises and 7 Billion Mouths to Feed
Section II – Awards
- The winning entry will be published as the official National Ag Day Poster
- The winning artist will receive $1,000 scholarship sponsored by Meredith AgriMedia.
- Artwork and profile of the artist will be prominently featured in Successful Farming magazine and Ag Day correspondence. Media releases will also be sent to all Ag Day sponsors and supporters.
- The original artwork will be on display in a public location
Section III – Rules
- The file format of all entries must be a PDF submitted via photograph or scan of the original art. Original art can be any medium except photography or digital artwork. Please do not frame your original art. Original art should be no smaller than 8” x 10”.
- Winning artwork will include themes celebrating modern agriculture in the United States.
- To submit the entry, follow the directions as guided on the page, OR the entry may be DVD or CD and mailed to: 2014 Ag Day Poster Contest, Agricultural Council of America, 11020 King St., Ste. 205, Overland Park, KS 66210
- All entries must be accompanied by an entry form. If the entry is burned to a DVD or CD and mailed to the address above, please include an accompanying entry form within the package. Please submit entry via mail or upload site – not both. Entry forms are available to download at http://agday.org/. Entries must be received at the address listed above no later than midnight CST, October 31, 2013.
- The ACA cannot confirm receiving entries sent via email.
- Entry must have been done in 2013. Each student should submit only one entry.
- Each entry will be judged on the originality of concept, presentation, adherence to the theme, design technique and total impact.
- Failure to adhere to the rules may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Ag Council.
- All entries become the property of the Agriculture Council of America.
- Contestants must be a U.S. citizen. Contestants must meet all requirements to compete.
- Entries must not violate any copyrights or trademarks.
Section IV Eligibility
- Students must be in high school or college in the United States.
Section V – Judging
- First round of judging will be completed by a nine-member jury consisting of agribusiness leaders and art enthusiasts with a tie to agriculture. The winner will be chosen via online voting.
- In an effort to conceal the identity of each contestant, each entry will be assigned a number by the essay contest Chair.
Section V1 – Timeline
- August 1 – Contest open for entrants
- October 31 – All entrants due
- November 5 - Finalists selected
- November 15 – Online voting begins
- November 15 – Online store for re-prints opens
- December 1 - Online voting ends
- December 7 – Official Poster selected
- December 30 – Official posters available for distribution